Re: [Spridgets] '59 Berkeley SE 492

To: Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] '59 Berkeley SE 492
From: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 15:10:42 -0800
Anybody actually know anything about these? As I mentioned earlier, I've run
across one that's been hanging from the rafters in a family garage since the
mid-sixties. The original owner is deceased and his family wants to get rid
of it. It looks perfect but very dusty. The speedo shows 4200 miles. It has
'64 CA plates, and the original paperwork and registration. Until we get it
on the ground, I can't verify whether the engine is frozen, or even there.
It should be a 3 cyl. 2-stroke with a few carbs. It's a cool looking car,
even with the US legal headlight pods, which I'm told can be deleted.
Anybody have any idea what it might be worth? I remember seeing them around
in the sixties, but usually with the tiny 2 cyl.  At 725 pounds, I think the
500cc models were supposed to have been kind of fun.
Any thoughts?
BZ

spridgets@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html