[Spridgets] Datsun 1488

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Datsun 1488
From: dlancer7676@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 13:50:27 +0000 (UTC)
Years ago, I bought a junk Datsun with the revered 5-speed tranny and 1488 cc
engine and pulled the tranny, engine and driveshaft.B  I had envisioned
refreshing the engine and using it in a Midget in place of a 1500.B  It had
the aluminum head and not only was a lighter engine in weight, but it produced
more horsepower and was a more bullet-proof engine than the 1500 (or the 1275
for that matter).B  AND it required no particular magic or preparation or kits
to match up the 5-speed with which it came. It just made sense.

I never got around to trying to fit the engine into a Spridget, much less
refreshing the engine.B  I was wondering whether anyone had ever tried to do
this?

Also, since I have sold my entire stock of Spridgets and parts, except for a
corner full, and if anyone is interested in furthering this thinking and doing
process, I would be willing to sell the Datsun engine cheap, maybe $100, but
you'd have to pick it up here in East Tennessee.B  The engine doesn't have any
of its anti-pollution gear on it--just the basic engine.

--David C.
"Look to this day, for it is life, the very life of life. In its brief course
lie all the realities and verities of existence. The bliss of growth, the
splendor of action, the glory of power. And yesterday is but a dream, and
tomorrow is only a vision. But today - well lived - makes every yesterday a
dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well, therefore,
to this day. ~ Sanskrit proverb ~

spridgets@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75