[Spridgets] Just got in from my OSHIT at Kevin's

Subject: [Spridgets] Just got in from my OSHIT at Kevin's
From: davriker at nwi.net (David Riker)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 18:55:56 -0700
If the "knock" sound is very rhythmic and matches the speed, I'd guess
chipped or broken tooth on the 1st gear of the lay shaft.  At some time,
someone slammed it into 1st while rolling.  Other than the noise, it
shouldn't cause a catastrophic event.  Just remember that 1st gear is only
to be used from a dead stop, and only to get the car rolling.  Shift into
2nd a.s.a.p., and enjoy.
David R.