[Spridgets] 948 Valve Cover

Subject: [Spridgets] 948 Valve Cover
From: dlh2001 at comcast.net (Dean Hedin)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 20:53:43 -0400
On the 948 there is sufficient breathing afforded by the pipe
that drops off the side of the tappet covers.  Confirm that
you have this tube in place btw (someone might have swapped later covers
on).

So you can run with an aftermarket without breather OK.
I've been running a later cover without the breather tube that I had chrome
plated.