Re: [Spridgets] [EasternOshitGroup] Kyle owns his own MG now

To: "EasternOshitGroup@yahoogroups.com" <EasternOshitGroup@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] [EasternOshitGroup] Kyle owns his own MG now
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 21:53:06 -0500
Cc: spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Eastern OSHIT group <EasternOshitGroup@yahoogroups.com>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1336013588; bh=9C1izo/oYJjrLOw7nwUD9RWfrWLNx9n6nTqfpPTcYI0=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:References:In-Reply-To:Mime-Version:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type:Message-Id:Cc:X-Mailer:From:Subject:Date:To; b=MiaXf2xUC9ZnTkCjlL0zFae3xfok6DejaMNZNpYJN6gdf2KDGbHGGnBGMTeUModI2As49LmjQshnnW6krN65yTa+TwJVtqlVp/rF6XA4fp1gPpJH7iabV2F9wvhJOeft4wDE7krx7kLN9wEL6ieNnAlWi6PbEddHWSbxiXrayh0=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=DKIM-Signature:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:References:In-Reply-To:Mime-Version:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type:Message-Id:Cc:X-Mailer:From:Subject:Date:To; b=JrjeE/9TCbMZclZDx7DCw/OpKOVR0/K/nKOFnKQLFO8pIlajz/EEesMoxjQ7jVgskC17OSEzXe6TpQwKrVwTA7EWg5pQP99/lbgwx95ssZp3HdceJgkTxEURMHWqQ4U4ZlvNctQReRjx429hdN7AfdVrwvMgdbJg/a6mYH8E4bA= ;
Sender: spridgets-bounces@autox.team.net
Fantastic. My first car was a 78 MGB I bought in Setauket. Loved it to death.

Ron Soave

On May 2, 2012, at 8:53 PM, David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Many of you know my 16 year old son Kyle. He's been to a few OSHITs with me
over the past few years, and really has turned out to be quite the gearhead.
He performed his first solo engine pull over three years ago (from my Midget)
with only guidance from me and a couple of friends in the Long Island MG club.
He has also performed quite a few jobs on my car - and a couple on Larry's
Blue Phoenix if memory serves.

> Not afraid to work (and make a few $$ to put toward his first car), he has
been helping his next-door neighbor quite a bit recently. The neighbor is
preparing to sell his house, so Kyle's been cleaning up the house and yard.
Last Saturday, after helping load a van with jukeboxes and furniture to haul
cross town, Chuck (the neighbor) told Kyle that he wanted to give him one of
his project cars - a 1975 MGB.

> I don't know that much about it yet as it is currently covered with bungee'd
up tarps, but it is a complete car that apparently "ran when parked". Kyle is
thrilled to say the least. It needs some minor rust repair (Kyle: "Cool! I can
learn to weld now") to the doglegs behind the doors. Not sure what else it
needs yet, but Kyle is ready to dive in and build himself a sportscar over the
next few months. With his determination - and barring any major pitfalls - he
may just pull it off and be driving it for part of his senior year in high
school next year.

> I know it's not a Spridget, but hey - the price is right and the top goes
down!

> Proud dad Dave,
> Long Island
>

> __._,_.___
> Messages in this topic (1)
> RECENT ACTIVITY:
> Visit Your Group
> Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest b" Unsubscribe b" Terms of Use
> .
>
> __,_._,___
>

> TODAY(Beta) b" Powered by Yahoo!
> Forest transformed for romantic proposal
> Privacy Policy

spridgets@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75