Re: [Spridgets] Steel grades

To: dwoerpel@wi.net,spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Steel grades
From: Tim Collins <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 08:53:41 -0500
Dave,
I didn't know that they weren't available. I did a search and found
something similar at: made-in-china.com -- of course. However, those
are a bit better construction than the ones I tested since the strap
that holds the legs from spreading in welded on the bottom of the
stand to form a base. The ones I tested had the strap on the side of
the legs so the stand was supported on the edge of the tubing. I
suppose the tube stands were just to cheap to make much of a profit.
I have 4 tube type that I use from time to time.

http://yetengtool.en.made-in-china.com/product/obOQYerPbmDN/China-Jack-Stand-JJ027-.html

At 10:19 PM 11/14/2012, dwoerpel@wi.net wrote:
>Very cool Tim.  So why can't I find any of those tube type stands
>anymore?  Most are of the narrow cradle-type axle stands and any
>saddle type are $150ea.  Weird.
>Dave W.

Tim Collins

spridgets@autox.team.net