Re: [Spridgets] 1973 MGB

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1973 MGB
From: Kent McLean <kentmclean@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 15:07:28 -0500
David Groundwater wrote:
> A friend is looking at a 73 B and asked me if there was anything in particular
> he should be on the lookout for with that car.  Anyone have any particular
> advice?

I had a '73 B in my younger days.  The mechanicals are as
robust as can be. The body, not so much. Rust is the enemy.
The B has no separate frame (it's a unibody), so rust in
the sills or suspension attachment points will require
new metal. Body works gets expensive fast.

--
Kent McLean
'56 Austin-Healey 100 BN2

spridgets@autox.team.net