Re: [Spridgets] O.F. memory

To: "Allen Hefner" <lbc77mg@gmail.com>, "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] O.F. memory
From: "Nelson Wittstock" <k8djc@zoominternet.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 22:39:05 -0000
X_cmae_category: 0,0 Undefined,Undefined a=QqcATgXbd+ZiBc2DCsC/Xw==:17 a=KMUqRZBTGbEA:10 a=8nJEP1OIZ-IA:10 a=_VnqN573AAAA:8 a=IAJ6lBgV4pUA:10 a=o2icCIxuDP_8vkVdx5AA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=QqcATgXbd+ZiBc2DCsC/Xw==:117
I remember very well the buying of my Sprite.  I was in the USAF in England
in 1961.  The salesman, Andrew Wilson-Gunn, came to my base and was taking
orders.  I ordered the car in December.  On January 8 a buddy drove me to
Donald Healey's dealership in Warwick and dropped me off.  After completing
the paper work I was shown my new shiny black Mark 2 Sprite.  I was thrilled
with it.  I was about half way back to my base which was about 50 miles from
Warwick when the car slowed down and just stopped running.  It took a minute
to realize that I was out of "petrol."  There was not a house anywhere in
view.  A kindly passing driver stopped to ask if could help and then drove
me ten miles to the next town and back again with fuel.  The rest of the
trip was uneventful but I will never forget that day.  I still enjoy driving
it.

Nelson

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive