Re: [Spridgets] Clutch Master - Success!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Clutch Master - Success!
From: Rick Bastedo <rbastedo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 17:54:42 -0700
No old fluid, purged that out first - only recirculated good clean fluid.

Here's the deal, this has a Datsun slave cylinder on a Datsun transmission.
I called Bill M. this morning after trying and failing some more.
According to Bill I needed to get a bike tire pump and a long piece of
tubing.
Then hang the end of the tubing up as far as possible and pump until the
fluid was up to the top.
Then using the tire pump force the fluid back through the slave and up into
the master reservoir.
If I did it right I'd see bubbles in the reservoir.
So I did this several times, saw bubbles, then after there were no more
bubbles I got Peter out to help me with the good old:
"Down" he pushes the pedal down and holds it while I open the bleeder to
let out bubbles and then close the bleeder
"Up" He lets the pedal up
"Down" he pushes the pedal down and holds it while I open the bleeder to
let out bubbles and then close the bleeder
"Up" He lets the pedal up
"Down"
And repeat untile... It worked!!

Now my clutch feels and acts better than ever before!

That was a really difficult job, but now I know how mine works so if I ever
have to do it again hopefully I'll remember.

Rick (have pedal will travel) Bastedo

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive