Re: [Spridgets] generator/regulator - Progress

To: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>,spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] generator/regulator - Progress
From: Tim Collins <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 09:52:00 -0400
Mike,
As others have stated an alternator sure is a nice upgrade to your
car. Here's a link to pictures for my alternator swap including my
home made bracket, alterations to a "swoop bracket" and wiring
changes to the regulator.
<https://picasaweb.google.com/105717618225238141022/GeneratorToAlternator>https://picasaweb.google.com/105717618225238141022/GeneratorToAlternator

At 11:25 AM 4/26/2013, Michael Rowe wrote:
>Following advice, I bought a really cheap analog voltmeter, which
>works where my expensive digital one does not.  If the polarity is
>wrong, the needle moves backward, which makes it easy.  It is very
>small, so reading are approximate.
>
>So here's what I have found just now:
>- New battery, new regulator (supposedly adjusted by Moss), new generator.
>- With engine off, voltage is 12+ = fresh battery.
>- Spark generator directly from battery to regulator F terminal.
>- With engine on, battery voltage drops.
>- With engine on, voltage at the regulator F terminal is 24v or
>more, which John Twist says means the generator is not properly polarized.
>
>So how do I polarize it?  Is it dead if it does not respond properly?
>
>Michael Rowe
>The Holy Sprite

Tim Collins

spridgets@autox.team.net