Re: [Spridgets] Group attachments - list concern

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, Sprite <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, Midget/Sprite <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Group attachments - list concern
From: <uniquelittlecars@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 11:21:16 -0700 (PDT)
Jay,

Things have changed from the old days when they first started groups.
One of the major reasons not to allow attachments were the size email file.
People on dial up they took for ever & of course virus.
I am moderator of the morris_motors group on yahoo.
We have allowed attachments in the group for several years.
We get practically No spam & never had any Viruses.
The spam comes when some one has their ID hacked.
You can not stop that until after the first message.
Then you moderate their posts until the user fixes his problem.
This way your not boobed with spam from that id again.
Yahoo changed the way they do attachments a few years back.
They scan attachments and put them in a folder for viewing.
The folder is located just under the messages folder on the web site.
On the bottom of the email there is a link to take you to the new attachment.

So i respectively disagree with not allowing attachments to a group.

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

For example.
Scanned documents from a factory service parts list can be very helpful when
looking for an obscure part. Or a picture of how some thing should look to see
if yours is the same.

Vigil

--- On Tue, 6/11/13, WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com <WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com>