Re: [Spridgets] NFI - 1967 Saab Sonnet ii - $2750

To: <corvallis@peoplepc.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NFI - 1967 Saab Sonnet ii - $2750
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 22:24:59 -0400
Thread-index: Ac5y0GoXpMHfZ9kqQBOSL8ZM4LMNHQAA016AAAGJIxA= s=q20121106; t=1372299903; bh=N8fLPoMRg26FFmHtuhkqynTRPP+KfuPaqlcrD6Mqs6M=; h=Received:Received:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=UTqnccyoNg9CTNf8OEkv0XyY7kJoVgjoaZ8UX4Zse+aGCsZpW4V2DLLKcK8kpkvBl ybbKJoWnIeJ0yKMoO/d3GjReM+Xk2k04xbI885R2P/mRIjPTr/buxRySlbaqJH8dkN EkX+BonObh0g+NdzNPfs6QyRzWlOWADpXDdqqgk5fh8coNAUbS1UeYlYfBaJh7OL6O yM9BSMX7rDs9qnaIcUyqY4fu/MhgNFkluG/7hSqsLSAvllaT0zIYmb9BtbkSGAaH1z xO9rDzirGTh6CAZf6X6kwSltKljf+tMj5B5j3niBDVAmw3PMNM99kqoBLhvedzo/VI k6baGrqWexa4g==
Growing up in Sao Paulo, Brazil in the mid 70's I can attest that these
vehicles were the most
polluting contraptions ever devised by mankind...(Sorry Charles)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_93

Hard to believe the Swedes came up with this "thing". Did they ever drive
them in their own country?
When did they outlaw them?

One cannot imagine what endless SAAB 93 taxis billowing their blue smoke
down Avineda Santo Ammaro is like.
It is an impression in my mind that will never go away.  In fact, I could do
a good impressionist painting
of this. It would be sort of this blue stippled haze with these
hemispherically shaped SAAB 93's going hither
and yon.  All upon a backdrop of dingy and dirty buildings.

However, despite all this, I still believe that with modern computer
control, careful intake and exhaust timing,
(and maybe perhaps supercharging) the two stroke might still be tamed!

Proof that I am indeed, a crazy Swede.

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive