Re: [Spridgets] Prop Rod location?

To: Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Prop Rod location?
From: Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 11:43:50 -0400
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bonnet prop rod on my '61 Sprite is..........on the left side.

Sent from my keyboard

On Aug 9, 2013, at 9:43 AM, Peter Caldwell <peter@nosimport.com> wrote:

> The hood/bonnet on my newly acquired 63 Midget has the prop rod on the LEFT
side of the car.  To the best of my recollection, all of my previous cars had
it on the Right side.

> To make the switch would require a different fender/wing and a different
hood/bonnet as both have the attaching pieces welded on. There IS a part
number change for the hood/bonnet early on.  Is that why?

> So, perhaps a poll?  On early square body (sorry Jay) cars with the prop
rod, is yours on the left or right?  (sounds like a tailor's question)

> It IS inconvenient to have it on the left, as when you open the hood/bonnet,
and swing the rod out, it invariably gets all caught up in the throttle and
choke cables.  I'm sure that's why they moved it.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/refisk@chartermi.net

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive