Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - computer software - SOLIDWORKS + MS Publisher

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - computer software - SOLIDWORKS + MS Publisher
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 08:47:03 -0400
> WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com wrote:
> > I was hoping for something less than the #100 student edition
>
> Late to the party, but they might find something compatible in the Linux
> world.

You can find pretty much anything useful in the Linux world for free.  I am
setting up to run Linux from a thumbdrive on my $200 Chormebook.

But we have not addressed the question of future employment.  If the
software is for class projects, anything will do.  Even Google has a free,
simple 3D drawing program.  If it is for experience in software that
employers need, then is should at least emulate one of the big-time
professional versions.  Linux tends to be pretty good at emulation.

Michael Rowe

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive