Re: [Spridgets] Rollbar question

To: "'derf'" <derf247@gmail.com>, "'Michael Rowe'" <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rollbar question
From: "GUY DAY" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 19:49:48 +0100
Cc: 'Spridgets' <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Michael has raised a valid point that was discussed without resolution many
years ago and I think that Derf has also raised the better transverse
rigidity that a roll bar provides.

Why not provide a mesh from the top of the seat back up to the padded roll
bar?  This may well assist in preventing the traditional whiplash neck
injury and remind you under normal driving that you are going to head-but
the bar as you lean back or stretch in the seat.
I don't know of any-one who has done it but I will be looking into it
further as my own motor progresses.  There could be a 1001 reasons for it to
be impractical and it could have been done already but I can't recall seeing
one.

Guy R Day