Re: [Spridgets] Garage door spring question.

To: Jim Seippel <aseippel@austin.rr.com>, Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Garage door spring question.
From: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 15:44:59 -0400
Well last weekend I picked up the 130lb springs as my neighbor asked for
help getting his disc brake piston to go back in the caliper after he
changed his pads. The giant c clamp seemed useless. So I had him open the
bleeder cap and it finally freed the piston to fit back in. Then he helped
me pull the 130 lb garage springs back as we installed the new ones on my
garage door. The door wouldn't stay closed so I needed the 120 or 110 lbs
and off I went for a swap. The 110 was the correct ones. They are perfect
except I see no way to fasten the emergency cable without getting it hung
up in the wheel. I'll have to search on line for an idea.

BTW I helped my neighbor bleed his brakes too so we both taught and learned
from each other.

Thanks again guys,
Lin

spridgets@autox.team.net