Re: [Spridgets] Racer guys Engine help

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com, Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Racer guys Engine help
From: Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 21:23:25 -0500
References: <5EED5187141D4942BDC4B09EF75523B8@sprite> <1405984156.70244.YahooMailNeo@web140405.mail.bf1.yahoo.com> <1405988160.5699.YahooMailNeo@web180903.mail.ne1.yahoo.com> s=q20140121; t=1405995807; bh=lGOhFWggL8tPtpuvQzpBfl0AYHcXpg/2axijuFpXaIc=; h=Received:Received:From:Mime-Version:Content-Type:Subject:Date:To: Message-Id; b=JhsP4PVtQUkvHdcCEc0Q5KFcOgcSwpHOkt8tu67rgXaTaUGbmcRfm2G1Fx2KAuN3u kr/ScYKaS3PSacaOQqFAs9MccdbZflpJvRJIN8GiedblK1klv6JDOkQe/TgYNz5Iwd ilquQdIYJqz334wCFwpCQmiS0OpzIPfRN/fGBwRY2vsKWPNDNg5nTxgSm9d+kHXwmN QSyUZxnKU79pvvw02CqGtAieEYulCJWdrU/G7U9INhMX0Y4qnAXwJ90zhfwbgT+Q/0 ytfcsb3+Sn0LJQjiEqO7ZTn1i0MYjE9Z7fwbPKLf0XlCnt8QZcucIIMPhdwmH/YJnF GqbruDX0joJ4g==
Didn't mean to offend you Steve, it's just that if I can replace one small
part then I'm done without having to the rocker assembly apart.

Lester

On Jul 21, 2014, at 7:16 PM, Steve Christiansen schris51@att.net [bugeye]
wrote:

> I offered Lester a complete and in good condition shaft but I guess he would
rather take chances on a shaft and rocker set that is possibly bad.

[bugeye]" <bugeye@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> G'day Lester
>
> BMC only made 30 million Minis and they each had 8 adjusters.  And that's
not counting Sprite, MG Midgets etc etc.  There should be plenty of used
adjusters out there.

> They are two different sizes.  The 948cc, 998cc and 1098cc engines had 7/32"
BSF (28 tpi) thread with the oiling hole, fitted with 7/16 AF lock nuts, and
it's not uncommon for them to break just as yours did.  Most of the 1275cc
engines had 1/4" UNF (28 tpi) thread with no oiling hole, fitted with 1/2" AF
lock nuts, and they're much stronger.

> So the first step is to determine which size you have.  Fortunately that's
easy because of the different nut size.

> If the lock nuts are 1/2" AF I suggest you replace all of your adjusters
with 8 new ones.  One of yours just broke, the others might be about to break,
and you don't want to do this job again.

> If the lock nuts are 7/16" AF, I suggest you replace the entire rocker gear
with a set from the later 1275cc engine.

> hope that helps, and avagoodday
> Colin
> www.Spriteparts.com.au
>

> __._,_.___
> Posted by: Steve Christiansen <schris51@att.net>
        Reply to group                                Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic (94)
> Check out the automatic photo album with 3 photo(s) from this topic.
>
> Your New Favourite Group is Waiting for You!
> If you enjoy this group, we have suggestions for others you might like to
join.

> Yahoo Groups
> Control your view and sort preferences per Yahoo Group
> You can now control your default Sort & View Preferences for Conversations,
Photos and Files in the membership settings page.
Club, please send a blank email to:  bugeye-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> If you no longer want to receive emails, but wish to remain a member of the
group, you may go to the website http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bugeye/ and
change your subscription to "Web Only" and you will not receive any emails.

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive