[Spridgets] Oil Pressure vs Quantity

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Oil Pressure vs Quantity
From: "rrengineer.mike" <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 02:56:02 -0700
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s2048; d=att.net; b=Mz5YerI7dvS2V6C0eOhODZ+NCLCAPpjLdnZkNFBZrZ9FZc/rJpf5Wb2xivgk1PNoSeCCHcGynrZQ3027wC3Ks9Mk4fXJjP/zwPlnchAYrYqyM8wIoFCphN+rLqOTendaz3pTXvLQ+hGcuPMsGeVHwBnB2tU/eVaG+DwONz7Z1BKVBB+DGCbLy5yp7YUsNQzlymXN4GkDbGIlxoeCLLwIumPZHwxgwLOfBBTQWyXYa4rymJ6OcxtLMl/pnpsv4+FAPDcqXj+1zrx92iAYho+ypu6zptYogQ1cB2LbcugMpeF/0GQMFNNHACkLVN7IdDZbs55gJ0NkzWHctrnHX4fdIQ==;
My first Bugeye with the original 948 motor that I owned back in 1971 was kind
of strange when it came to oil pressure. B While driving, the oil pressure
would drop from 60 psi to 40 psi after a week or two. B Upon checking the oil,
it was down a quart. B I would add a quart of oil and the pressure went back up
to 60 psi! B I have always wondered about this. Oil pressure should have
nothing to do with oil quantity. B Any ideas of the mechanics of this? B
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY SB. 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive