[Spridgets] No oil flow, no joy

To: 'Spridgets' <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] No oil flow, no joy
From: fogbro1@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 00:59:17 +0000 (UTC)
Thread-index: IvQnYHc1D37+TSdAf/alRxhZQvaY3g== s=q20140121; t=1413507558; bh=BjxeJyfMyKPK3V8fFzMRAO7L8KouABB/GCAjSTj4i4w=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=kkXLh0QQZRi9PPWbyXV1mT7JiKfALZvsk9Xe4WNuGHb2jdDcxKEY0Ew1IWOnKEejb MgF2DsD7qpENmuIHEd8VylY2oQGFIoXTXu0PdMP0lqbUPw7WPQOU+0u2PDXMt4uDHz idxLaXsCKiad2Lji1ar/maucjudbOMRP2b6vAGwcSTDDOTqTNjaqnw6VHbglWXenJu 755/OyBW4xPkRhmRoDIf3IHhpoCb3Qahd1NtKVNmQZVMVpvbMNYbvSD1++hOv6xeB3 UIhQVes9GQMjbyr7FCJo4mP6MxXwj/ru3a+Vjn5BW0r4e7rGci9+6Dj7MbOP2FVLhc OilNQg2ersyQQ==
List,

After a struggle to shoehorn in a 1275/Datsun Rivergate conversion, I installed
a new battery and starter and cranked the engine, hoping to see some sign of
oil flow before installing plugs and actually running the new engine. No joy.
After a couple of minutes, there was no sign of oil either at the gauge
connecting point or the pipe going to the filter. I dropped the sump and
checked the pickup screen and pipe, put it back together and tried again. Still
no luck. Both the oil pump and cam are new, as is almost everything in this
engine. I did not prime the pump or oil system during the build. So my question
to The List is this: is there anything else I can try before I just pull the
engine and check the oil pump?

TIA,

Ed Woods

spridgets@autox.team.net