[Spridgets] NOS early (box sprite) door mechanism AHA7033 and AHA7034

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] NOS early (box sprite) door mechanism AHA7033 and AHA7034
From: WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 16:15:27 -0500
Full-name: WeslakeMonza1330
Hi List,

Not a lot of activity unless AOL is filtering out a bunch of stuff.   So,
here's a parts question.  I'm not really a NOS parts guy BUT currently  I'm
trying to track down a pair of the early box Sprite/Midget door lock
mechanisms- AHA7033 and AHA7034.  I've seen ebay USA has them now and again
but
from venders who won't ship outside the USA.  So if anyone wants to bid  on
one for me (after deciding what a sensible price is - and without several
listers bidding for me on the same item....seen this in an old episode of Dad's
 army) let me know.  Or, if someone has a really nice condition used lock
that will also interest me.  Currently I do have a fairly worn right hand
side mechanism.

So why I do I want a pair of early locks?  The plan is to retrofit the
early lock and striker (I do have a pair of re-plated early strikers) because
they weigh less than the later locks and I'm always looking to get the
weight of  my Sprite down a bit more.

Finally, I realise the 3 holes of the later lock are not exactly in the
same place as the early lock.  It seems always possible to get 2 out of any  3
screws in place or maybe just 2 specific ones - it's been a while since I
had  a look at this.  Anyone done this and recall which captive nut inside
the  door they repositioned?

Thanks

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive