Re: [Spridgets] exhaust vs emergency brake (Pictures)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] exhaust vs emergency brake (Pictures)
From: Bob Spruck via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 14:32:35 -0500
--===============8156225892785067386==
 boundary="------------090602020903070808030906"

--------------090602020903070808030906

Monty:

Two other suggestions:

Looks like you are using bolts instead of clevis pins to attach the rods
to the eccentric fitting. The threads on the bolts will chew up the
fitting and/or rods over time. Go to Home Depot and get the correct size
clevis pins.

I don't see any u-bolt threads exiting the nuts on the bottom of the
shock absorber mounting plate. Based on the forces exerted on the
spring/rear end housing by all that horsepower, make sure you have full
engagement or more of the u-bolts through the nuts. Nylock nuts, or
split washers, or Lock-Tite would be good also.

Bob
Sharpsburg, GA

On 2/16/2015 5:32 PM, Monty Love via Spridgets wrote:
> OK, here are the pics.  I am embarrassed to say that I think I jumped
> the gun.  I realized after I looked at it again, that I had the car
> jacked up with the jacks on the front leaf springs attachment plates.
>  So, the axle was hanging down and only supported by the straps.  So,
> the axle was hanging down further than it would if riding on the
> springs/shocks.  So, I jacked it up under the rear axle housing and
> now there is clearance.  Not alot, but there is clearance.  Thanks for
> the quick replies.  I am moving forward, slowly, but surely.
>
> I hope to be riding by the beginning of summer. <(;-o)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Monty
> Huntsville, Alabama

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
        Two other suggestions:<br>
        Looks like you are using bolts instead of clevis pins to attach
        the rods to the eccentric fitting. The threads on the bolts will
        chew up the fitting and/or rods over time. Go to Home Depot and
        get the correct size clevis pins.<br>
        I don't see any u-bolt threads exiting the nuts on the bottom of
        the shock absorber mounting plate. Based on the forces exerted
        on the spring/rear end housing by all that horsepower, make sure
        you have full engagement or more of the u-bolts through the
        nuts. Nylock nuts, or split washers, or Lock-Tite would be good
        also.<br>
        Bob<br>
        Sharpsburg, GA<br>
      Spridgets wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:1244257972.56111443.1424125962251.JavaMail.zimbra@knology.net"
      type="cite">
        font-size: 12pt; color: #000000">
          think I jumped the gun.  I realized after I looked at it
          again, that I had the car jacked up with the jacks on the
          front leaf springs attachment plates.  So, the axle was
          hanging down and only supported by the straps.  So, the axle
          was hanging down further than it would if riding on the
          springs/shocks.  So, I jacked it up under the rear axle
          housing and now there is clearance.  Not alot, but there is
          clearance.  Thanks for the quick replies.  I am moving
          forward, slowly, but surely.  </div>
        <hr id="zwchr">
style="color:#000;font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;"><b>From:
          </b>"Monty Love" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:Monty.Love@dynetics.com";>&lt;Monty.Love@dynetics.com&gt;</a><br>
          <b>To: </b><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:cmlove@knology.net";>cmlove@knology.net</a><br>

@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Tahoma;
        panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}

        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:12.0pt;
        font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:purple;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-reply;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
        color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style>
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D"> </span></p>
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D"> </span></p>
                1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">From:</span></b><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">
                    Monty Love [<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="mailto:cmlove@knology.net";>mailto:cmlove@knology.net</a>]
                    style="font-size:7.0pt;color:#575757">From my
                    Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G
                    network.</span></p>
          <i><br>
            <hr>
              font-style:monospace">The information contained in this
              message, and any attachments, may contain privileged
              and/or proprietary information that is intended solely for
              the person or entity to which it is addressed. Moreover,
              it may contain export restricted technical data controlled
              by Export Administration Regulations (EAR) or the
              International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Any
              review, retransmission, dissemination, or re-export to
              foreign or domestic entities by anyone other than the
              intended recipient in accordance with EAR and/or ITAR
              regulations is prohibited.</p>
          </i>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridgets@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>

--===============8156225892785067386==--