Re: [Spridgets] A couple of dozen

To: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] A couple of dozen
From: Brian Morse via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 14:50:36 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets@autox.team.net" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>, Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>

--001a113d105812a6f005138b7983

Happy birthday list!  And thank you for all your work Mark.

1991- jeez, I was a junior in high school then.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get all the messages to show up in my
inbox.  Some do, others go to a "promotions" folder or a spam folder (what
a dark, strange place that is!).  But I'm still here and reading the
messages I can find.

3wheel in A2

--
Sent from my Tardis

--001a113d105812a6f005138b7983

Happy birthday list!=C2=A0 And thank you for all your work Mark.<div><br></=
v><div>I&#39;m still trying to figure out how to get all the messages to sh=
ow up in my inbox.=C2=A0 Some do, others go to a &quot;promotions&quot; fol=
der or a spam folder (what a dark, strange place that is!).=C2=A0 But I&#39=
kis via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridgets=
@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">April, 1=
991. Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston had top hits. The Soviet Union is cru=
mbling.<br>
The Gulf War begins. And on the 11th the domain Team.Net is registered.<br>
Happy birthday to us, 24 years and still kicking. Formed out of the Usenet =
rec.autos tree,<br>
it started with just 2 lists, autox and british-cars. It became large enoug=
h and busy enough<br>
that the officials at the U noticed that a large amount of network traffic =
was coming from one<br>
certain machine in my office. That is what prompted the move to a private s=
erver, which has been<br>
in my basement for many years. Well, we are NOT running on the same server =
from back then, which I<br>
recall was one of the first 120 Megahertz systems in the valley outside of =
universities. With the<br>
CS departments work with Hewlett-Packard, I had a connection.<br>
A lot has changed over the years, folks have come and gone, some have been =
hanging out here for<br>
decades. We&#39;ve lost a few good ones, but many of us have found lasting =
friendships from list<br>
communications. Back in the early days there wasn&#39;t much besides Team.N=
et. I think the 1997<br>
SCCA Solo II nationals had something like 60% of the entrants being autox l=
ist subscribers.<br>
Those were the days.<br>
But still here, still providing a valuable service to those who use it.=C2=
=A0 Thanks to all of us<br>
for making Team.Net what it is.<br>
Happy Birthday.<br>
mjb.<br>