Re: [Spridgets] More highway speed for a bugeye?

To: Ryan Kubanoff <ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] More highway speed for a bugeye?
From: Kevin Valentine via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 19:00:13 -0400

--001a1133a85c5f98520515c23920

Ryan,

When you say performance, are you asking if it will have more power or are
you asking will it have a higher top speed?

The 4.22 rear was in the smaller engine cars (early cars) to augment the
lesser power achieved by the smaller engine.  The later rears were
installed in the later cars as the power of the engines were increased over
the years.

You can install a later rear in the Bugeye and achieve a higher highway
speed but you will loose some acceleration when going thru the gears.  It's
not a difficult swap and is easily reversed if you don't like the
"performance" of the later rear in the early car.

I probably have a 3.9 rear here we could put in your car to see if you like
the swap.  You could then source one for your car ;)  The one I have is
going in my next build in mid-summer but I am willing to loan it to you and
I will help you change it ;)

Kevin
Tuscarora, Pa

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 6:59 AM, ryan.kubanoff--- via Spridgets <
spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:

> So i have a 74 midget with a 1275, rib case, and a stock rear that will do
> 70+ on a highway no problem.  Last year I bought a 60 bugeye that was
> modiifed by the previous owner to have a 998 cc motor, rib case  and a
> stock bugeye rear.  It has more trouble with highway speeds.  Could I swap
> out the stock bugeye rear for a late model midgets?  Would that improve
> performance?
> Thanks
> Ryan
>
> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/kevinv1275@gmail.com

--001a1133a85c5f98520515c23920

 asking if it will have more power or are you asking will it have a higher =
 cars (early cars) to augment the lesser power achieved by the smaller engi=
ne.=C2=A0 The later rears were installed in the later cars as the power of =
You can install a later rear in the Bugeye and achieve a higher highway spe=
ed but you will loose some acceleration when going thru the gears.=C2=A0 It=
&#39;s not a difficult swap and is easily reversed if you don&#39;t like th=
e &quot;performance&quot; of the later rear in the early car.</div><div><br=
 if you like the swap.=C2=A0 You could then source one for your car ;) =C2=
=A0The one I have is going in my next build in mid-summer but I am willing =
iv class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 6:59 AM, ryan.kubanoff--- =
via Spridgets <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.=
lockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px =
#ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div style=3D"font-family:Arial;font-size=
:12pt;color:#000000"><div>So i have a 74 midget with a 1275, rib case, and =
a stock rear that will do 70+ on a highway no problem.=C2=A0 Last year I bo=
ught a 60 bugeye that was modiifed by the previous owner to have a 998 cc m=
otor, rib case =C2=A0and a stock bugeye rear.=C2=A0 It has more trouble wit=
h highway speeds.=C2=A0 Could I swap out the stock bugeye rear for a late m=

//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums"; target=3D"_blank">http://www=