[Spridgets] WTB Ribcase Gearbox

To: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] WTB Ribcase Gearbox
From: JohnD via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 22:58:05 -0400

--089e01419f68d0f222051bd28543

So, last year my transmission blew up and I put in a rebuilt" box that had
been sitting for 20 years. (Beggars can't be choosers, and I was at the
track with several willing helpers and a guy carrying around a spare
transmission for some reason). It lasted a couple of race weekends and made
a spectacular exit that felt like a broken halfshaft...only I still had 4th
gear to limp back to the paddock.

I now find myself in fairly emergent need of a ribcase gearbox. I know,
real racers get Richmond boxes with straight-cut gears and poly-vinyl
molybdenum ziberators, but I don't want to use up the limited supply. I'm
only making believe. It's all  performance art and a party at the end.

I would like to buy a transmission, hopefully within 250 miles of Ann
Arbor, MI but would also gladly wait for the UPS person, if he would come
very soon. In 2-plus weeks, the third in the 2015 Sprite-Midget Challenge
Series happens at Grattan Raceway in Grand Rapids and I don't stand a
chance running only in 4th gear. Forget what I said about art. Somebody's
going to win the series!

Between Detroit, Chicago, Indianapolis and Columbus, there must be a dozen
ribcase gearboxes. Do sell me one!
I'm a slug with email. Text me at 734-395-7414.

JohnD

*Driving in the past lane!*
JohnsfollyVintageRacing <http://www.johnsfolly.webs.com>

--089e01419f68d0f222051bd28543

w up and I put in a rebuilt&quot; box that had been sitting for 20 years. (=
Beggars can&#39;t be choosers, and I was at the track with several willing =
helpers and a guy carrying around a spare transmission for some reason). It=
 lasted a couple of race weekends and made a spectacular exit that felt lik=
e a broken halfshaft...only I still had 4th gear to limp back to the paddoc=
rbox. I know, real racers get Richmond boxes with straight-cut gears and po=
ly-vinyl molybdenum ziberators, but I don&#39;t want to use up the limited =
supply. I&#39;m only making believe. It&#39;s all=C2=A0 performance art and=
ully within 250 miles of Ann Arbor, MI but would also gladly wait for the U=
PS person, if he would come very soon. In 2-plus weeks, the third in the 20=
15 Sprite-Midget Challenge Series happens at Grattan Raceway in Grand Rapid=
s and I don&#39;t stand a chance running only in 4th gear. Forget what I sa=
Detroit, Chicago, Indianapolis and Columbus, there must be a dozen ribcase =
gearboxes. Do sell me one!<br></div>I&#39;m a slug with email. Text me at 7=
=3D"http://www.johnsfolly.webs.com"; target=3D"_blank">JohnsfollyVintageRaci=

--089e01419f68d0f222051bd28543--

--===============2890974807701121340==

spridgets@autox.team.net