[Spridgets] Backwards battery

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Backwards battery
From: Michael Rowe via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:09:44 -0400

--===============1752854693922822848==
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_fJn6waHETrloRRLUm4LuCQ)"

--Boundary_(ID_fJn6waHETrloRRLUm4LuCQ)

Even more weird:
As I mentioned, I have been away for three months and don't remember what I did
before.  I have checked the wiring converting from generator to alternator,
which appears to agree with instructions.  Here is a repeatable sequence:

1.  Battery tests normal.  Ignition switch tests normal.  Red light indicates
power out from + terminal to ground at engine.
2.  Close battery cut-off switch (on + terminal).  All circuits test normal all
the way to the ignition switch input.
3.  Engage ignition switch.  Pump and interior lights go on briefly, then die =
something heating up.
4.  Now, there is no power anywhere at the switch.
5.  Battery shows no power out from the + terminal, green test light shows
power in at the - terminal from ground at engine  to ground at battery.
6.  All returns to the original condition when it cools.
7.  I assume this is a short to ground problem somewhere.  Where is this
backflow coming from?

!@#$%^
Michael Rowe

--Boundary_(ID_fJn6waHETrloRRLUm4LuCQ)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 9.00.8112.16708">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>Even more weird:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>As I mentioned, I have been away for three months and
don't remember what I did before.&nbsp; I have checked the wiring converting
from generator to alternator, which appears to agree with instructions.&nbsp;
Here is a repeatable sequence:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>1.&nbsp; Battery tests normal.&nbsp; Ignition switch
tests
normal.&nbsp; Red light indicates power out from + terminal to ground at
engine.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>2.&nbsp; Close battery cut-off switch (on +
terminal).&nbsp; All circuits test normal all the way to the ignition switch
input.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>3.&nbsp; Engage ignition switch.&nbsp; Pump and interior
lights go on briefly, then die&nbsp;= something heating up.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>4.&nbsp; Now, there is no power anywhere at the
switch.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>5.&nbsp; Battery shows no power out from the + terminal,
green&nbsp;test&nbsp;light shows power in at the - terminal&nbsp;from ground at
engine&nbsp; to ground at battery.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>6.&nbsp; All returns to the original condition when it
cools.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>7.&nbsp; I assume this is a short to ground&nbsp;problem
somewhere.&nbsp; Where is this backflow coming from?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial><A href="mailto:!@#$%";>!@#$%</A>^</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial>Michael Rowe</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1752854693922822848==--