Re: [Spridgets] MG Midget Transmission?? Problem

To: Monty Love <cmlove@knology.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] MG Midget Transmission?? Problem
From: derf via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 15:08:17 -0600
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>

--001a11408fc0e4bc11052d174771

Something broken inside.  Pull trans, replace broken stuff.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Monty Love via Spridgets <
spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:

> My son was idling through a shopping center parking lot in first gear.  He
> lets off of the gas and he feels a small jerk and a small clunking sound.
> The car will not move under its own power.  It is shifted to what we think
> is neutral, but if you let out the clutch, it dies.  It can be pushed
> forward or backward easily like it is in neutral, but when you start the
> engine and let out the clutch it dies.  It appears to shift into other
> gears, but will not move.  Anyone have any ideas what is wrong?  We are
> thinking the tranny is broke, but it seems very weird symptoms.  It is the
> datsun b210 5 speed.  It has less than 500 miles on the rebuild.  Any
> thoughts, besides we are screwed.  :-)
> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/derf247@gmail.com

--001a11408fc0e4bc11052d174771

il_quote">On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Monty Love via Spridgets <span di=
r=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank"=
il_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-lef=
t:1ex">My son was idling through a shopping center parking lot in first gea=
r.=C2=A0 He lets off of the gas and he feels a small jerk and a small clunk=
ing sound.=C2=A0 The car will not move under its own power.=C2=A0 It is shi=
fted to what we think is neutral, but if you let out the clutch, it dies.=
=C2=A0 It can be pushed forward or backward easily like it is in neutral, b=
ut when you start the engine and let out the clutch it dies.=C2=A0 It appea=
rs to shift into other gears, but will not move.=C2=A0 Anyone have any idea=
s what is wrong?=C2=A0 We are thinking the tranny is broke, but it seems ve=
ry weird symptoms.=C2=A0 It is the datsun b210 5 speed.=C2=A0 It has less t=
han 500 miles on the rebuild.=C2=A0 Any thoughts, besides we are screwed.=
=C2=A0 :-)<br>
------------------------<br>

Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>