Re: [Spridgets] Boiling out fuel tanks

To: Mike Rambour <lists@dinospider.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Boiling out fuel tanks
From: Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 20:13:36 -0500
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>

--001a113a9cbe3517c2052d1ab582

List,
Since joining up and getting my first Sprite I keep hearing about boiling
out our fuel tanks but can someone remind me why a replacement tank is not
a good idea? Don't get me wrong I prefer stock or nos for all my vechicles
but it always seemed like an off the shelf replacement would do fine with
the exception of Made in China.....LOL. I do remember Frank telling me how
importiant the fitting was on our stock tanks and that I should never
damage the fitting as it was not replaceable so I always was careful and
still have my original tank. Are replacement tanks a POS or what?
Lin

62 Sprite Pinky
Rat Rod LOL

On Wednesday, February 17, 2016, Mike Rambour via Spridgets <
spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:

>  Oh, I thought the question was how many hours does a Californian have to
> drive to get the good stuff.
>
>  About 5 hours for me... I have learned my lesson, I tend to stockpile no=
w.

>     mike
>
> On 2/17/2016 11:12 AM, rrengineer.mike via Spridgets wrote:
>
> The question is, what has NOT been banned in California?
> Mike MacLean
>

> Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S=C2=AE 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

--=20
"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut

--001a113a9cbe3517c2052d1ab582

List,<div>Since joining up and getting my first Sprite I keep hearing about=
 boiling out=C2=A0our fuel tanks but can someone remind me why a replacemen=
t tank is not a good idea? Don&#39;t get me wrong I prefer stock or nos for=
 all my vechicles but it always seemed like an off the shelf replacement wo=
uld do fine with the exception of Made in China.....LOL.=C2=A0I do remember=
 Frank telling me how importiant the fitting was on our stock tanks and tha=
t I should never damage the fitting as it was not replaceable=C2=A0so I alw=
ays was careful and still have my original tank. Are replacement tanks a PO=
, February 17, 2016, Mike Rambour via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sprid=
gets@autox.team.net">spridgets@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br><blockquote=
 class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc soli=
d;padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
      =C2=A0Oh, I thought the question was how many hours does a California=
      have to drive to get the good stuff.<br>
      =C2=A0About 5 hours for me... I have learned my lesson, I tend to
      stockpile now.<br>
      =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 mike<br>
      On 2/17/2016 11:12 AM, rrengineer.mike via Spridgets wrote:<br>
     =20
          GALAXY S=C2=AE 5, an AT&amp;T 4G LTE smartphone</div>
      -------- Original message --------<br>