Re: [Spridgets] Steering Wheel project finished

To: Bob Spruck <raspruck@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Steering Wheel project finished
From: Rick Fisk via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 22:28:09 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>

--Apple-Mail-3ACD011F-CE62-4BB4-BFE7-28A6E4987154
        charset=us-ascii

Hi Bob,

Glad you got it sorted.  I went to my pile-o-parts and looked, but didn't fi=
nd anything you could use.  Sounds like you have a better setup now anyways.=
  I've always had good luck with Jeff Zorn too.  Good guy and good prices.  :=
-)

Rick

Sent from my keyboard

> On Jul 7, 2016, at 1:43 PM, Bob Spruck via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team=
.net> wrote:
>=20
> I finally found the correct size hub and wheel at LBC Car Co. Jeff Zorn kn=
ew what he was talking about and had both in stock. Just for the record and t=
o disseminate correct info, the MK1 Sprite has a 5/8" steering shaft spline w=
hile all else has a 3/4" spline. So, I got a Moto-Lita 13" leather wheel wit=
h flat, thick grip, 3 chrome, slotted spokes, and a Moto-Lita hub. Not the c=
heapest but good quality.
>=20
> Mini-Mania sent me a later hub that didn't fit after they assured me that i=
t would. Their set-up is Mountney, a little cheaper, and not quite as nice a=
s the Moto-Lita. Most other supply shops either didn't know the difference o=
r didn't have a hub. Bugeye.com just added the correct hub to their growing p=
arts availability.
>=20
> I'll be trailering the car up to Road Atlanta tomorrow to work Tech, write=
 magazine articles, and take photos, using the Bugeye as a paddock vehicle a=
t the VDCA race. Still can't race due to cataract surgery last March that go=
t infected and just cleared up. I will get the left eye done next week with h=
opefully better results. Then I can pass my medical exam and get racing (and=
 seeing) again.
>=20
> Bob

--Apple-Mail-3ACD011F-CE62-4BB4-BFE7-28A6E4987154
        charset=utf-8

pile-o-parts and looked, but didn't find anything you could use. &nbsp;Sounds
like you have a better setup now anyways. &nbsp;I've always had good luck with
Jeff Zorn too. &nbsp;Good guy and good prices.
&lt;<a href="mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridgets@autox.team.net</a>&gt;

          size hub and wheel at LBC Car Co. Jeff Zorn knew what he was
          talking about and had both in stock. Just for the record and
          to disseminate correct info, the MK1 Sprite has a 5/8"
          steering shaft spline while all else has a 3/4" spline. So, I
          got a Moto-Lita 13" leather wheel with flat, thick grip, 3
          chrome, slotted spokes, and a Moto-Lita hub. Not the cheapest
          that didn't fit after they assured me that it would. Their
          set-up is Mountney, a little cheaper, and not quite as nice as
          the Moto-Lita. Most other supply shops either didn't know the
          difference or didn't have a hub. <a
href="http://Bugeye.com";>Bugeye.com</a> just added the

--===============4247565548615327743==

spridgets@autox.team.net