Re: [Spridgets] Question for racers "rear axle"

To: "Charles F. Christ Sr." <crusaderchuck55@aol.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Question for racers "rear axle"
From: Weslake1330 via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 00:27:59 +0000

--000000000000977f7a057a6cc639

I am currently making a new set of anti-tramp bars.  I'm replacing the
stock front spring mount with a modified one that both raises the spring
eye point (and lowers the ride height but also extends directly downwards
to become the mounting point for the anti-tramp bar.  This removes the
bracket on a bracket approach of the existing anti-tramp bar while also
allowing me to create a bar(s) which has a larger bush than the regular kit
has.  The bar will also end up being a bit longer than the original but
that's also a better thing.  I'm hoping the new bar and bracket integral to
the spring hanger will weigh less than the old design.

Regards

Daniel

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 1:38 AM crusaderchuck55@aol.com via Spridgets <
spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Since a race car is lower than a standard car , here is my question.
>
> If you are still using a conventional 1/2 elliptic rear spring, how are
> you limiting the drop of the rear axle if the car gets light off of an
> alleged "jump" situation on a road course or hillclimb?   The stock rubber
> straps are too long with a lowered suspension.   Of you are using a coil
> over rear set up I figure your shock limits the drop.
>
> On certain hillclimbs we encounter sudden course elevation changes which
> result in cars getting partially to completely airborne.   I'm leaning
> towards making clamped cable type travel limiting devices for the Midget.
>
> Anyone consider tackling this and if so, text or a simple picture would be
> more than welcome.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Chuck
>
> I'm also leaning towards anti-tramp bars to link the area under the front
> spring mount to the axle to spring mount to controll the springs under hard
> braking or acceleration.   Hillclimbs around here require using the 5.2 (
> think that's the correct number for the postal van ratio?) which can really
> torque the rear springs on a hard start line launch.
>
> C.
>

> Sent from my LG Mobile
> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/weslake1330@gmail.com

--000000000000977f7a057a6cc639

I&#39;m replacing the stock front spring mount with a modified one that bot=
h raises the spring eye point (and lowers the ride height but also extends =
directly downwards to become the mounting point for the anti-tramp bar.=C2=
=A0 This removes the bracket on a bracket approach of the existing anti-tra=
mp bar while also allowing me to create a bar(s) which has a larger bush th=
an the regular kit has.=C2=A0 The bar will also end up being a bit longer t=
han the original but that&#39;s also a better thing.=C2=A0 I&#39;m hoping t=
he new bar and bracket integral to the spring hanger will weigh less than t=
 Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 1:38 AM <a href=3D"mailto:crusaderchuck55@aol.com";>cr=
usaderchuck55@aol.com</a> via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@aut=
lass=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;=
padding-left:1ex">

in-bottom:0">Since a race car is lower than a standard car , here is my que=
stion.</p><p dir=3D"ltr" style=3D"margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0">If you are =
still using a conventional 1/2 elliptic rear spring, how are you limiting t=
he drop of the rear axle if the car gets light off of an alleged &quot;jump=
&quot; situation on a road course or hillclimb? =C2=A0 The stock rubber str=
aps are too long with a lowered suspension. =C2=A0 Of you are using a coil =
over rear set up I figure your shock limits the drop. =C2=A0=C2=A0</p><p di=
r=3D"ltr" style=3D"margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0">On certain hillclimbs we e=
ncounter sudden course elevation changes which result in cars getting parti=
ally to completely airborne. =C2=A0 I&#39;m leaning towards making clamped =
cable type travel limiting devices for the Midget. =C2=A0</p><p dir=3D"ltr"=
 style=3D"margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0">Anyone consider tackling this and i=
f so, text or a simple picture would be more than welcome.</p><p dir=3D"ltr=
" style=3D"margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0">Thank you!</p><p dir=3D"ltr" style=
=3D"margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0">Chuck</p><p dir=3D"ltr" style=3D"margin-t=
op:0;margin-bottom:0">I&#39;m also leaning towards anti-tramp bars to link =
the area under the front spring mount to the axle to spring mount to contro=
ll the springs under hard braking or acceleration. =C2=A0 Hillclimbs around=
 here require using the 5.2 ( think that&#39;s the correct number for the p=
ostal van ratio?) which can really torque the rear springs on a hard start =
line launch.</p><p dir=3D"ltr" style=3D"margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0">C.</p=
_8363042443745222061SignatureBox" dir=3D"ltr" style=3D"margin-top:0;margin-=
bottom:0">Sent from my LG Mobile</div></div>

ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"; rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a><br>
ets/weslake1330@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=