Re: [Spridgets] Carlisle import show

To: Weslake1330 <weslake1330@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Carlisle import show
From: bmwwxman via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 15:57:28 -0500
Cc: Spridgets via Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>

--0000000000009c71950588df483c

We'll pause to say an Ave for y'all at Carlisle.  Maybe once "Frank" is
finished we'll see about coming "down east".

On Tue, May 14, 2019, 3:24 PM Weslake1330 via Spridgets <
spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:

> I wish I could be there.  I was a five yearly event for me.  I remember
> see the small race-type alternator on Frank's green Bugeye in 98 and
> thinking I've got to get something like that.  Nothing like that was
> available until I helped Cambridge Motorsport develop one (moveable backing
> plate and several test fits on my car to then get a productionised one
> made.  Then there was the year Alan found me a 1275 Spridget flywheel in a
> bin - it came back to the UK with me and I'm not sure where it is now.
> From the same bin came a cast iron thermostat housing - not sure why anyone
> that doesn't have the air pump still uses the iron housing - it went on to
> fame but not fortune being featured in at least 2 editions of a certain
> Spridget book.  I still have it.
>
> Saw a lot of straw at Carlisle but no animals eating it.
>
> My budget was always tight and a seminar helped pay the bills.  I think it
> was Alan who asked one year how many seminar went to which I replied 'who
> cares they've paid me and that's the most important thing!'
>
> Hope you all have a great time.
>
> On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 3:16 PM Alan via Spridgets <
> spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:
>
>> I can fondly recall preparing weeks before the Carlisle show looking
>> forward to
>> Setting up a booth and then the hourly walk arounds partly to socialize,
>> partly to covertly rummage for more parts. Anticipating the weather
>> wildcard.
>> Then gathering for lunch at the food concession area. Later to settle on
>> a dinner place and enjoy staging our cars outside and answering curious
>> onlookers questions.
>> Frank, Biff, Kevin, Chuck, Rick, Franky, Rob, Linda and several others I
>> have
>> Probably forgot about. But all of us made it a great yearly event.
>> My last few trips saw less and less vendors, fewer hobbyists, and a
>> constant
>> struggle to maintain our own Import Show identity.
>> The 7% sales tax slapped on didn't help either
>> I read Bud's post and can relate completely.
>> Just wanted to add my .02 worth about this coming weekend in Pennsylvania.
>> Alan
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>> ------------------------
>>
>> spridgets@autox.team.net
>>
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>>
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
>> http://autox.team.net/archive
>>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/weslake1330@gmail.com
>>
> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
> http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/bmwwxman@gmail.com

--0000000000009c71950588df483c

=C2=A0 Maybe once &quot;Frank&quot; is finished we&#39;ll see about coming =
 class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, May 14, 2019, 3:24 PM Weslake1330 via Spridge=
ts &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridgets@autox.team.net=
0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">I =
wish I could be there.=C2=A0 I was a five yearly event for me.=C2=A0 I reme=
mber see the small race-type alternator on Frank&#39;s green Bugeye in 98 a=
nd thinking I&#39;ve got to get something like that.=C2=A0 Nothing like tha=
t was available until I helped Cambridge Motorsport develop one (moveable b=
acking plate and several test fits on my car to then get a productionised o=
ne made.=C2=A0 Then there was the year Alan found me a 1275 Spridget flywhe=
el in a bin - it came back to the UK with me and I&#39;m not sure where it =
is now.=C2=A0 From the same bin came a cast iron thermostat housing - not s=
ure why anyone that doesn&#39;t have the air pump still uses the iron housi=
ng - it went on to fame but not fortune being featured in at least 2 editio=
 think it was Alan who asked one year how many seminar went to which I repl=
ied &#39;who cares they&#39;ve paid me and that&#39;s the most important th=
Tue, May 14, 2019 at 3:16 PM Alan via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sprid=
gets@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">spridgets@autox.t=
margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-lef=
t:1ex">I can fondly recall preparing weeks before the Carlisle show looking=
 forward to<br>
Setting up a booth and then the hourly walk arounds partly to socialize,<br=

partly to covertly rummage for more parts. Anticipating the weather wildcar=
d.<br>
Then gathering for lunch at the food concession area. Later to settle on a =
dinner place and enjoy staging our cars outside and answering curious onloo=
kers questions.<br>
Frank, Biff, Kevin, Chuck, Rick, Franky, Rob, Linda and several others I ha=
ve<br>
Probably forgot about. But all of us made it a great yearly event.<br>
My last few trips saw less and less vendors, fewer hobbyists, and a constan=
t<br>
struggle to maintain our own Import Show identity.<br>
The 7% sales tax slapped on didn&#39;t help either<br>
I read Bud&#39;s post and can relate completely.<br>
Just wanted to add my .02 worth about this coming weekend in Pennsylvania.<=
br>
Alan<br>
Sent from my iPad<br>
------------------------<br>