Re: [Spridgets] I bought a Bugeye, thoughts on getting it from WI to NJ

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] I bought a Bugeye, thoughts on getting it from WI to NJ
From: Kent McLean via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 15:28:12 -0400
daredelvis wrote:
> I?ve transported Bugeye  on uhual auto transports. The inside of the tire
> rides up on the inner lip of the ramps, but they just fit (I?d double check
> with a tape measure when picking up). They have the proper tie downs, unlike
> a box trailer. You have to list a MGB or something like that on the form.

They also have ramps to get it up onto the trailer, which the box trailer may
have only a single ramp in the middle (or not even that).  Best to also have a
come-along or block-and-tackle to help get it onto the auto transport.

As for WMâ??s trailer, you might be able to re-sell it â?? buy it, trailer the
Bugeye home, and the move the trailer onto someone else so you donâ??t have to
store it. If you are lucky, you sell the trailer for what you bought it for and
the trailer rental is free. If you are really lucky, you have the trailer sold
before you leave WI.

U-Haul is pretty particular about what vehicles can tow trailers. Their website
will give you a yea or nay for your vehicle. Bigger is better (reserve power,
more comfortable), if you have access to a bigger tow vehicle.

-
Kent McLean
â??56 100 BN2

spridgets@autox.team.net