[Spridgets] Slave Cylinder Question

To: Spridgets via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Slave Cylinder Question
From: Michael MacLean via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 19:00:51 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_3904831_737723483.1565550051542

=C2=A0 My Datsun synchro problem will soon be solved.=C2=A0 Grinding going =
into 3rd gear every time gets tiring.=C2=A0 Paul A. rebuilt the present tra=
ns using aftermarket synchros.=C2=A0 Paul found out later they were machine=
d incorrectly.=C2=A0 I have a new (to me) Datsun transmission, courtesy Bob=
 Kitterer that is supposedly low mileage.=C2=A0 I will be pulling the engin=
e in the next few months to swap these out, but an old problem rears it's u=
gly head.=C2=A0 When I made the swap from 948 to 1275, I used the 948 slave=
 cylinder.=C2=A0 I was assured this would be OK because I also reduced the =
master cylinder clutch bore size at the same time with the appropriate inte=
rnal and external pushrods.=C2=A0 Well, it never has been OK.=C2=A0 The clu=
tch pedal has to be pushed all the way to the floor to disengage the clutch=
.=C2=A0 It then grabs immediately off the floor and is fully engaged just a=
 few inches after that.=C2=A0 All the while being very hard to control due =
to the excess pressure because all the engagement is happening a few inches=
 off the floor.=C2=A0 I would like to fix this problem while it is out this=
 time.=C2=A0 Any suggestions on what slave cylinder to use?=C2=A0 Paul mach=
ined the flywheel to fit the Datsun pressure plate and disc.=C2=A0 Does thi=
s mean I need a spacer behind the flywheel for better clutch pedal engageme=
nt?=C2=A0 Would the Rivergate slave cylinder be a better alternative?=C2=A0=
 I would like to accomplish more than just stopping 3rd gear from grinding =
this time.=C2=A0 What clutch/slave/master cylinder combos are you Datsun tr=
ansmission converts using?Mike MacLeanP.S. You can forget about the flex li=
ne from the slave cylinder to the master.=C2=A0 I am using a stainless stee=
l braided line.

------=_Part_3904831_737723483.1565550051542

ly:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;"><div dir=3D"ltr=
" data-setdir=3D"false">&nbsp; My Datsun synchro problem will soon be solve=
d.&nbsp; Grinding going into 3rd gear every time gets tiring.&nbsp; Paul A.=
 rebuilt the present trans using aftermarket synchros.&nbsp; Paul found out=
 later they were machined incorrectly.&nbsp; I have a new (to me) Datsun tr=
ansmission, courtesy Bob Kitterer that is supposedly low mileage.&nbsp; I w=
ill be pulling the engine in the next few months to swap these out, but an =
old problem rears it's ugly head.&nbsp; When I made the swap from 948 to 12=
75, I used the 948 slave cylinder.&nbsp; I was assured this would be OK bec=
ause I also reduced the master cylinder clutch bore size at the same time w=
ith the appropriate internal and external pushrods.&nbsp; Well, it never ha=
s been OK.&nbsp; The clutch pedal has to be pushed all the way to the floor=
 to disengage the clutch.&nbsp; It then grabs immediately off the floor and=
 is fully engaged just a few inches after that.&nbsp; All the while being v=
ery hard to control due to the excess pressure because all the engagement i=
s happening a few inches off the floor.&nbsp; I would like to fix this prob=
lem while it is out this time.&nbsp; Any suggestions on what slave cylinder=
 to use?&nbsp; Paul machined the flywheel to fit the Datsun pressure plate =
and disc.&nbsp; Does this mean I need a spacer behind the flywheel for bett=
er clutch pedal engagement?&nbsp; Would the Rivergate slave cylinder be a b=
etter alternative?&nbsp; I would like to accomplish more than just stopping=
 3rd gear from grinding this time.&nbsp; What clutch/slave/master cylinder =
combos are you Datsun transmission converts using?</div><div dir=3D"ltr" da=
ta-setdir=3D"false">Mike MacLean</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false=
">P.S. You can forget about the flex line from the slave cylinder to the ma=
y></html>
------=_Part_3904831_737723483.1565550051542--

--===============1749211604955778899==

spridgets@autox.team.net