Re: [Spridgets] Thanks for all your help thru the years

To: Brad Fornal <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Thanks for all your help thru the years
From: David Lieb via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2019 19:34:42 -0500
Cc: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>

--000000000000f992fb0591ffd65a

> For anyone else that is preparing to do this repair. I would suggest you
> head to your local scrap yard. Look in their pile of bicycles. The cheap
> Chinese Wally World bikes have a sweep 90* made out of aluminum on the
> front and rear brakes of the bike. Get both of them. When you replace your
> cable, put these on both ends to keep the transition smooth, and the cable
> no longer will rub on the bonnet.
> Just another hint, in the memory of "we tight" Clarici.

Or, If you ain't quite that tight, they are called "Brake Noodles" and they
cost about $3 each at your local bike shop. Nice new lined brake housing in
a selection of colours runs a couple bucks a foot. Add a $6 mountain bike
brake cable and you have a setup that works far better than any of the
usual suspects will sell you ad at a significant savings. Kinda ironic to
ise a cable intended to slow down a bicycle to make your Spridget speed
up...
David L

--000000000000f992fb0591ffd65a

e" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204)=
;padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">For anyone else that is preparing to do=
 this repair. I would suggest you head to your local scrap yard. Look in th=
eir pile of bicycles. The cheap Chinese Wally World bikes have a sweep 90* =
made out of aluminum on the front and rear brakes of the bike. Get both of =
them. When you replace your cable, put these on both ends to keep the trans=
ition smooth, and the cable no longer will rub on the bonnet.=C2=A0<br>Just=
 another hint, in the memory of &quot;we tight&quot; Clarici.</div></blockq=
lled &quot;Brake Noodles&quot; and they cost about $3 each at your local bi=
ke shop. Nice new lined brake housing in a selection of colours runs a coup=
le bucks a foot. Add a $6 mountain bike brake cable and you have a setup th=
at works far better than any of the usual suspects will sell you ad at a si=
gnificant savings. Kinda ironic to ise a cable intended to slow down a bicy=
v>

--000000000000f992fb0591ffd65a--

--===============0617078493306125022==

spridgets@autox.team.net