[Spridgets] Fw: Lucas horns.....

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Fw: Lucas horns.....
From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 19:19:10 -0400

----_com.lge.email_935684132226069
   charset=utf-8

    I dissected a Lucas horn and aparently they suffer the same corrosion on
the contact points that most other types that I've bern able to repair.?? ??The
horn I took apart will never be a viable horn.?? ??After a good cleaning it
kinda worked but no adjustment got it loud enough to be used on a car.?? ??An
interesting side note in comparing the Lucas horn to others I've had apart is
the diaphragm or what ever it's called that through its vibration makes the
horn sound , has a slight variance.No other car horn that I've seen has a pin
hole in the diaphragm.?? No its not rust , it's a purpose made hole.?? ??Lucas
uses gaskets to keep water out of the electromagnet and contact half of the
horn.?? All other horns I've seen do the same.?? ??But no one except for Lucas
has a tiny perforation purposely put in the diaphragm.?? ??Moisture is a huge
culprit in damaging the inside of a horn.?? And Lucas decides its ok to allow
moisture laden air acess to the inner works of the horn.?? Go figure.Any way I
guess I'm still looking for a Lucas horn that is a low note to make a set for
the Midget.????ChuckSent from my LG Mobile

----_com.lge.email_935684132226069
   charset=utf-8

</head>
style="font-size: 10pt;"><div id="LGEmailHeader" dir="auto"><div
aparently they suffer the same corrosion on the contact points that most other
types that I've bern able to repair.&nbsp; &nbsp;The horn I took apart will
never be a viable horn.&nbsp; &nbsp;After a good cleaning it kinda worked but
no adjustment got it loud enough to be used on a car.&nbsp; &nbsp;An
interesting side note in comparing the Lucas horn to others I've had apart is
the diaphragm or what ever it's called that through its vibration makes the
horn sound , has a slight variance.</div><div dir="auto">No other car horn that
I've seen has a pin hole in the diaphragm.&nbsp; No its not rust , it's a
purpose made hole.&nbsp; &nbsp;Lucas uses gaskets to keep water out of the
electromagnet and contact half of the horn.&nbsp; All other horns I've seen do
the same.&nbsp; &nbsp;But no one except for Lucas has a tiny perforation
purposely put in the diaphragm.&nbsp; &nbsp;Moisture is a huge culprit in
damaging the inside of a horn.&nbsp; And Lucas decides its ok to allow moisture
laden air acess to the inner works of the horn.&nbsp; Go figure.</div><div
dir="auto">Any way I guess I'm still looking for a Lucas horn that is a low
note to make a set for the Midget.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div

----_com.lge.email_935684132226069--

--===============7474979373787949180==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============7474979373787949180==--