[Spridgets] Tachometer Inner Cable

To: Spridgets via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Tachometer Inner Cable
From: Michael MacLean via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 16:59:15 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_2469839_2044865499.1571245155757

A few days ago I asked about how much of the inner tach cable should protru=
de from the sheath to protect the instrument end.=C2=A0 After a half hour o=
f Googling I found the Vintage British Cables Canadian web site that had a =
reprint from a Smiths manual.=C2=A0 The instrument end of the inner cable s=
hould protrude no more than 3/8ths of an inch from the outer sheath at the =
instrument end.
http://vintagebritishcables.com/images/ServiceInformation2.jpg
I know I have seen this information somewhere else in the past, but I canno=
t find it among all the other trivia that is rattling around in my brain.=
=C2=A0 Just thought you might be interested in the result of this google se=
arch.=C2=A0 Besides the Vintage British Cable website has tach and speedo c=
ables that are vastly superior to the Chinese crap we are getting from the =
usual suspects.Mike MacLean

------=_Part_2469839_2044865499.1571245155757

ly:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px;"><div dir=3D"ltr=
" data-setdir=3D"false">A few days ago I asked about how much of the inner =
tach cable should protrude from the sheath to protect the instrument end.&n=
bsp; After a half hour of Googling I found the Vintage British Cables Canad=
ian web site that had a reprint from a Smiths manual.&nbsp; The instrument =
end of the inner cable should protrude no more than 3/8ths of an inch from =
the outer sheath at the instrument end.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=
://vintagebritishcables.com/images/ServiceInformation2.jpg" rel=3D"nofollow=
" target=3D"_blank">http://vintagebritishcables.com/images/ServiceInformati=
=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">I know I have seen this information somewher=
e else in the past, but I cannot find it among all the other trivia that is=
 rattling around in my brain.&nbsp; Just thought you might be interested in=
 the result of this google search.&nbsp; Besides the Vintage British Cable =
website has tach and speedo cables that are vastly superior to the Chinese =
crap we are getting from the usual suspects.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-set=
------=_Part_2469839_2044865499.1571245155757--

--===============3595926968093720776==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============3595926968093720776==--