Re: [Spridgets] Gas tank sealer

To: Robert Weeks via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Gas tank sealer
From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 15:08:27 -0500

----_com.lge.email_1914549348432865
   charset=utf-8

If you can get away with putting some nuts in the tank and literally
shake-shake-shake the tank.   That loosens any stuff in there.  You can
rinse it out and as a last resource go magnet fishing to collect any particles
.  Then install a cheapie throw away filter between the tank & pump.   That
will protect the pump and gather up and sediment before it does any damage or
ends up where it becomes a problem.   If you can avoid sealing the tank , do
not seal the tank.   Tank sealers are a great salvation for marginal tanks as
opposed to buying a new tank.  But!  Unless you follow directions and cross
every "T" and dot every "I" , tank sealers can end up screwing up ( fouling)
the pick up tube.  And if not perfectly applied , come loose in the tank and
block/clog pick up tubes .   If that becomes an issue , it's worse to resolve
than rust removal.ChuckSent from my LG Mobile------ Original message------From:
Robert Weeks via SpridgetsDate: Sun, Nov 17, 2019 2:42 PMTo: Robert Weeks via
Spridgets;Cc: Subject:[Spridgets] Gas tank sealerHi,My son is making slow
progress on the 1970 Midget. Seems that there is some rust in the tank, or at
least that is what it looked like when he drained the gas. I know there is POR
15 for gas tanks, but since we cheap, has anyone tried the Eastwood gas tank
sealer (cheaper) or better yet does anyone have a rust free tank they'd be
willing to part with for not much money?Thanks,Robert WeeksBlack Moon
Guitarshttps://blackmoonguitars.com/

----_com.lge.email_1914549348432865
   charset=utf-8

</head>
putting some nuts in the tank and literally shake-shake-shake the tank.&nbsp;
&nbsp;That loosens any stuff in there.&nbsp; You can rinse it out and as a last
resource go magnet fishing to collect any particles .&nbsp; Then install a
cheapie throw away filter between the tank &amp; pump.&nbsp; &nbsp;That will
protect the pump and gather up and sediment before it does any damage or ends
up where it becomes a problem.&nbsp; &nbsp;</div><div dir="auto">If you can
avoid sealing the tank , do not seal the tank.&nbsp; &nbsp;Tank sealers are a
great salvation for marginal tanks as opposed to buying a new
tank.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div dir="auto">But!&nbsp; Unless you follow directions
and cross every "T" and dot every "I" , tank sealers can end up screwing up (
fouling)&nbsp; the pick up tube.&nbsp; And if not perfectly applied , come
loose in the tank and block/clog pick up tubes .&nbsp; &nbsp;If that becomes an
issue , it's worse to resolve than rust removal.</div><div
style="font-size: 10pt;"><div id="LGEmailHeader" dir="auto"><div
dir="auto"><b>From: </b>Robert Weeks via
Spridgets<spridgets@autox.team.net></spridgets@autox.team.net></div><div
making slow progress on the 1970 Midget. Seems that there is some rust in the
tank, or at least that is what it looked like when he drained the gas. I know
there is POR 15 for gas tanks, but since we cheap, has anyone tried the
Eastwood gas tank sealer (cheaper) or better yet does anyone have a rust free
clear="all"><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature"
data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr">Robert Weeks<div>Black Moon
Guitars</div><div><a href="https://blackmoonguitars.com/";

----_com.lge.email_1914549348432865--

--===============1458821270545766281==

spridgets@autox.team.net