Re: [Spridgets] Won't Start

To: Spridgets via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Won't Start
From: Michael MacLean via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 22:53:10 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_2815409_606392602.1593989590309

A week ago I said that I backed my Bugeye out of the driveway and it died l=
etting out the clutch to take off and would not start after that.=C2=A0 The=
 car sat for several months due to repairs and a suspension and brake=C2=A0=
 rebuild.=C2=A0 Ethanol in the gas is not your friend.=C2=A0 I had spark an=
d the fuel pump was pumping gas to my single HIF44 carb, but the engine act=
ed fuel starved.=C2=A0 Last night with my son in the driver's seat turning =
the ignition key for me, I threw some gas down the throat of the carb.=C2=
=A0 The car started immediately and then died when it ran out of fuel.=C2=
=A0 I took the carb off to disassemble it.=C2=A0 The viton tipped needle an=
d seat shut off stuck in the seat bore with dried residue from ethanol.=C2=
=A0 If I had only come out once a week or so and just started the car there=
 would have been no problem.=C2=A0 Now with the brake lights, turn signals =
and starting problems resolved I'm ready to cruise.=C2=A0 Only problem is t=
he weather.=C2=A0 Almost 100 degrees out here in San Bernardino.=C2=A0 Will=
 have to wait until the sun goes down.=C2=A0 If it's not one thing it's ano=
ther, but I will be out there once a week even if I don't drive it just to =
get gas moving through the fuel system.Mike MacLean

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
------=_Part_2815409_606392602.1593989590309

the driveway and it died letting out the clutch to take off and would not s=
tart after that.&nbsp; The car sat for several months due to repairs and a =
suspension and brake&nbsp; rebuild.&nbsp; Ethanol in the gas is not your fr=
iend.&nbsp; I had spark and the fuel pump was pumping gas to my single HIF4=
4 carb, but the engine acted fuel starved.&nbsp; Last night with my son in =
the driver's seat turning the ignition key for me, I threw some gas down th=
e throat of the carb.&nbsp; The car started immediately and then died when =
it ran out of fuel.&nbsp; I took the carb off to disassemble it.&nbsp; The =
viton tipped needle and seat shut off stuck in the seat bore with dried res=
idue from ethanol.&nbsp; If I had only come out once a week or so and just =
started the car there would have been no problem.&nbsp; Now with the brake =
lights, turn signals and starting problems resolved I'm ready to cruise.&nb=
sp; Only problem is the weather.&nbsp; Almost 100 degrees out here in San B=
ernardino.&nbsp; Will have to wait until the sun goes down.&nbsp; If it's n=
ot one thing it's another, but I will be out there once a week even if I do=
n't drive it just to get gas moving through the fuel system.</div><div id=
=3D"yMail_cursorElementTracker_1593989573340">Mike MacLean<br><br><div id=
=3D"yiv5869396695ymail_android_signature"><a rel=3D"nofollow" id=3D"yiv5869=
396695ymail_android_signature_link" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"https://go.on=
elink.me/107872968?pid=3DInProduct&amp;c=3DGlobal_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidE=
mailSig__AndroidUsers&amp;af_wl=3Dym&amp;af_sub1=3DInternal&amp;af_sub2=3DG=
lobal_YGrowth&amp;af_sub3=3DEmailSignature">Sent from AT&amp;T Yahoo Mail o=
------=_Part_2815409_606392602.1593989590309--

--===============1030114018534480701==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============1030114018534480701==--