[Spridgets] Project update + a couple of youtube clips

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Project update + a couple of youtube clips
From: Weslake1330 via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 12:22:25 +0100

--000000000000943eb105b0ae5968

Hi list,

Since my Sprite is having new sills (inner and outer) soon, I've had a look
at what else that will entail.  Clearly the wiring for the whole of the
back of the car runs along the sill and will need to be removed.  I'm not
sure if the wires are the originals from 1969 or replacements I've made at
some point during my ownership, or a mixture of new and old.  I can see
they are taped with insulating tape and fixed to the sill with P clips and
self tapping screws and the cable run isn't level - earlier handiwork on my
part of maybe a decade ago.

So the project is to create a new loom section with all new wires and
sleeve them in heatshrink.  All new cables have thinner insulating for the
same or a higher amp rating which is ok, and I always buy the correct
coloured cables with tracer colour.  The brass nipples are on and the most
action my crimping tool has seen for a while.  I've also soldered them
which also seals the tops nicely.

I've sleeved over more than a metre (that's 3 feet) and have a branching
out section to heat shrink where the fuel pump live wire leaves the main
section of this loom.

While the bodyshop that looks after the Sprite's body will be fitting the
sills, I purchased them and have them here in my garage.  So the plan is to
drill holes for RivNuts and RivNut the sill ready for where I will fit
P-clips and have a much neater (level) run for the new cable.  It'll be a
few weeks before the car goes to the shop.

Here are the unrelated youtube clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ9aO5yvT3k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBvNZuvGkEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9fkmqPHTDE

Regards

Daniel

--000000000000943eb105b0ae5968

sills (inner and outer) soon, I&#39;ve had a look at what else that will en=
tail.=C2=A0 Clearly the wiring for the whole of the back of the car runs al=
ong the sill and will need to be removed.=C2=A0 I&#39;m not sure if the wir=
es are the originals from=C2=A01969 or replacements I&#39;ve made at some p=
oint during my ownership, or a mixture of new and old.=C2=A0 I can see they=
 are taped with insulating tape and fixed to the sill with P clips and self=
 tapping screws and the cable run isn&#39;t level - earlier handiwork on my=
s to create a new loom section with all new wires and sleeve them in heatsh=
rink.=C2=A0 All new cables have thinner insulating for the same or a higher=
 amp rating which is ok, and I always buy the correct coloured cables with =
tracer colour.=C2=A0 The brass nipples are on and the most action my crimpi=
ng tool has seen for a while.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve also soldered them which also =
than a metre (that&#39;s 3 feet) and have a branching out section to heat s=
hrink where the fuel pump live wire leaves the main section=C2=A0of this lo=
prite&#39;s body will be fitting the sills, I purchased them and have them =
here in my garage.=C2=A0 So the plan is to drill holes for RivNuts and RivN=
ut the sill ready for where I will fit P-clips and have a much neater (leve=
l) run for the new cable.=C2=A0 It&#39;ll be a few weeks before the car goe=
v><a href=3D"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dg9fkmqPHTDE";>https://www.you=

--000000000000943eb105b0ae5968--

--===============6567207854942747705==

spridgets@autox.team.net