Re: [Spridgets] Samco Silicone hoses

To: Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Samco Silicone hoses
From: Weslake1330 via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 16:38:01 +0000
Cc: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>

--0000000000005831f405b8a288a1

Hi Rick,  It's still on the list of things to do and realistically that
means about a month't time...

On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 at 17:15, Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Happy New Year!  Hope you're doing well and avoiding the virus.  How did
> you make out with Samco?
>
> Rick
>
> Sent from my keyboard
>
> > On Nov 24, 2020, at 11:28 AM, Weslake1330 via Spridgets <
> spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:
> >
> > =EF=BB=BF
> > Hi list, I send a chaser e-mail to Samco yesterday about getting some
> hoses made and today I had a reply.  They invited me to drop by which I
> guess means they have David's and my tooling (vertical flow and cross flo=
w)
> but have forgotten what they look like or the numbers for them.  So, this
> week is busy but next week I should be able to drop by and talk hoses
> (Unless it rains all week - I'll be walking).
> >
> > I need to know if you need a vertical hose or a crossflow top hose or
> crossflow water pump hose, also a 90 degree elbow, and not least the heat=
er
> ? hose.
> >
> > You can let me know colour preferences: blue or black or something
> else.  I'll then have an idea of quantities to discuss with them.  I don'=
> prices will be much more than a few years ago for hoses but I think posta=
ge
> prices have jumped up a couple of times.  David gets a small commission o=
> his hoses to cover his initial costs and I get a little on mine.  I did h=
it
> the 100 hose break-even figure for my tooling costs but paid for my own
> hoses!.
> >
> > For anyone that wants the by-pass outlet delete on the hose that can be
> done.
> >
> > Once I have spoken to Samco and then checked hose weights (approx) I'll
> get postage prices and I'll update my order forms.  Manufacturing times
> vary with Samco but even if they are quick this time, I'd be loathe to po=
st
> hoses just before Christmas and New Year.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Daniel - (don't call me the hosiery man!)
> > ------------------------
> >
> > spridgets@autox.team.net
> >
> > Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> > Suggested annual donation: $12.75
> >
> > Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
> http://autox.team.net/archive
> >
> > Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/refisk@chartermi.net

--0000000000005831f405b8a288a1

and realistically that means about a month&#39;t time...</div><br><div clas=
s=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 =
at 17:15, Rick Fisk &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:refisk@chartermi.net";>refisk@char=
=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding=
-left:1ex">Hi Daniel,<br>
Happy New Year!=C2=A0 Hope you&#39;re doing well and avoiding the virus.=C2=
=A0 How did you make out with Samco?<br>
Rick<br>
Sent from my keyboard<br>
&gt; On Nov 24, 2020, at 11:28 AM, Weslake1330 via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D=
"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">spridgets@autox.team.ne=
t</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; =EF=BB=BF<br>
&gt; Hi list, I send a chaser e-mail to Samco yesterday about getting some =
hoses made and today I had a reply.=C2=A0 They invited me to drop by which =
I guess means they have David&#39;s and my tooling (vertical flow and cross=
 flow) but have forgotten what they look like or the numbers for them.=C2=
=A0 So, this week is busy but next week I should be able to drop by and tal=
k hoses (Unless it rains all week - I&#39;ll be walking).<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I need to know if you need a vertical hose or a crossflow top hose or =
crossflow water pump hose, also a 90 degree elbow, and not least the heater=
 ? hose.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; You can let me know colour preferences: blue or black or something els=
e.=C2=A0 I&#39;ll then have an idea of quantities to discuss with them.=C2=
=A0 I don&#39;t prices will be much more than a few years ago for hoses but=
 I think postage prices have jumped up a couple of times.=C2=A0 David gets =
a small commission on his hoses to cover his initial costs and I get a litt=
le on mine.=C2=A0 I did hit the 100 hose break-even figure for my tooling c=
osts but paid for my own hoses!.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; For anyone that wants the by-pass outlet delete on the hose that can b=
e done.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Once I have spoken to Samco and then checked hose weights (approx) I&#=
39;ll get postage prices and I&#39;ll update my order forms.=C2=A0 Manufact=
uring times vary with Samco but even if they are quick this time, I&#39;d b=
e loathe to post hoses just before Christmas and New Year.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Regards<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Daniel - (don&#39;t call me the hosiery man!)<br>
&gt; ------------------------<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">spridget=
s@autox.team.net</a><br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; rel=3D"noreferrer"=
 target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt; Suggested annual donation: $12.75<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"; rel=3D"no=
referrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a>=C2=
=A0 <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"=