Re: [Spridgets] Oil injector

To: David Lieb via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Oil injector
From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 16:17:24 -0400

----_com.lge.email_10222150776987221
   charset=utf-8

How about a grease gun flex hose attached to a hand pump oil can?  Or simply
point the discharge tip of the oil can into the check ball hole of the
fitting?   OR just unscrew the fitting and pump oil into the hole and put the
fitting back in?  Be certain the oil fitting check ball is free and not
siezed.  Old Saab steering racks are supposed to be oil filled and because
they have a fitting like a grease fitting...over the years they got pumped full
of grease.  I bet creativity will overcome the confusion...ChuckSent from my
LG Mobile------ Original message------From: David Lieb via SpridgetsDate: Sun,
Mar 28, 2021 3:56 PMTo: Spridgets;Cc: Subject:[Spridgets] Oil injectorNot to
change the subject or anything, but I have a neighbor at the end of my block
with a truck from 1942 or so. It has lots of grease fittings and one oil
fitting. Like the Morris Minor steering rack on Sprites, it looks like a grease
fitting, but the manual is clear that it gets oil pumped through that fitting.
He would like to do everything by the book, so he is wondering where to find
such a pump. Anyone here know what to call it and/or where to get one?Thanks!

----_com.lge.email_10222150776987221
   charset=utf-8

</head>
hose attached to a hand pump oil can?&nbsp; Or simply point the&nbsp;<span
style="font-size: 10pt;">discharge tip of the oil can into the check ball hole
of the fitting?&nbsp; &nbsp;OR just unscrew the fitting and pump oil into the
hole and put the fitting back in?&nbsp; Be certain the oil fitting check ball
is free and not siezed.&nbsp; Old Saab steering racks are supposed to be oil
filled and because they have a fitting like a grease fitting...over the years
style="font-size: 10pt;">I bet creativity will overcome the
style="font-size: 10pt;"><div id="LGEmailHeader" dir="auto"><div
dir="auto"><b>From: </b>David Lieb via
Spridgets<spridgets@autox.team.net></spridgets@autox.team.net></div><div

--===============0953326376752460541==

spridgets@autox.team.net