Re: [Spridgets] Midget spring pan

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com> mTDP0EGoXyOz7bnanEoqB6+bpZyjIwmoAxDv4unPOypgLyHVJ+lbrjpVoJPD+191c9vOEo6BtbQtw8IfMkPoXH6AP9ejYIGZdLKBsRLVw2jQqxzB/JKVAS3K pAT7ntKk30bn47jGtG6jlA==
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Midget spring pan
From: Rick Fisk via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 20:18:12 -0400
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
The kingpin in that photo was not locked to the fulcrum pin with the usual
"cotter" pin.  It was allowed to rotate on the fulcrum pin and the oval hole
worn in the end is the result.  Clancy's design uses two bearings per fulcrum
pin instead of threads.  The kingpin does not rotate on the fulcrum pin.

> On Mar 29, 2021, at 7:31 PM, Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Not sure what Iâ??m looking at. We used a design using actual bearing
> surfaces rather than using threads rotating as a bearing...
>
> Ron Soave
>
>> On Mar 29, 2021, at 4:23 PM, Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net> wrote:
>>
>> Welds look good.  Kingpin rotates on a chromoly pin?  Hmmm, watch out for
>> this happening.....
>>
>> <image0.jpeg>

>>> Iâ??ve got those as well, but ultimately like our design a bit better.
>>> Ours have the kingpin rotate on a chromoly pin rather than having the pin
>>> rotate. See a few of the welds we added-
>>>
>>> Ron Soave

spridgets@autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation: $12.75