[Spridgets] Gauging interest in a spring 2022 OSHIT in Austin, TX

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Gauging interest in a spring 2022 OSHIT in Austin, TX
From: Greg Gowins via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 15:56:49 +0000
Feedback-id: 1.us-east-1.vkxSZGs7WHHNydlEOma8mZP4oeg8mZuEwNROeCwva9g=:AmazonSES
--===============2823863610838342502==

--0000000000007b783c05bf63facd

Howdy everyone,

Hopefully folks are doing well and getting through this whole COVID thing.
I caught it at the end of January, visiting an uncle at an acute care rehab
place.  I had to have a negative test to even get to visit, then I catch it
there!   I go and get my first vaccine shot here in a bit.

Hopefully by next spring things will be back to some sense of normalcy.  To
that end, I'd like to gauge interest in hosting an OSHIT at my place
outside of Austin, TX next April/May.  And since this is Texas, we have to
do it bigger, with TWO Sprites.  Mine, which I actually might complete this
year, then my dad's which needs a LOT of work.  It has been sitting for 20
years.

I'd like to get my dad's running, because a week and a half ago he had a
surprise quadruple bypass.  He went in for a stress test in preparation for
a pinched nerve procedure, which he failed.  They set him up for an
angioplasty and a stent, then once they started that, they were surprised
by the state of his arteries, and immediately got him into surgery for the
quad bypass.   He's recovered amazingly well, and was released from the
hospital yesterday to go to a rehab place for a few days to get his
strength built back up, and get used to doing things without his arms until
his breastbone heals.

I know when we had the last OSHIT at Jim Johnson's, there was discussions
about folks wanting to visit Austin.  This might be the impetus to do so!

Greg Gowins
Driftwood, TX

--0000000000007b783c05bf63facd

ng well and getting through this whole COVID thing.=C2=A0 I caught it at th=
e end of January, visiting an uncle at an acute care rehab place.=C2=A0 I h=
ad to have a negative test to even get to visit, then I catch it there!=C2=
/div><div>Hopefully by next spring things will be back to some sense of nor=
malcy.=C2=A0 To that end, I&#39;d like to gauge interest in hosting an OSHI=
T at my place outside of Austin, TX next April/May.=C2=A0 And since this is=
 Texas, we have to do it bigger, with TWO Sprites.=C2=A0 Mine, which I actu=
ally might complete this year, then my dad&#39;s which needs a LOT of work.=
iv>I&#39;d like to get my dad&#39;s running, because a week and a half ago =
he had a surprise quadruple bypass.=C2=A0 He went in for a stress test in p=
reparation for a pinched nerve procedure, which he failed.=C2=A0 They set h=
im up for an angioplasty and a stent, then once they started that, they wer=
e surprised by the state of his arteries, and immediately got him into surg=
ery for the quad bypass.=C2=A0 =C2=A0He&#39;s recovered amazingly well, and=
 was released from the hospital yesterday to go to a rehab place for a few =
days to get his strength built back up, and get used to doing things withou=
 we had the last OSHIT at Jim Johnson&#39;s, there was discussions about fo=
lks wanting to visit Austin.=C2=A0 This might be the impetus to do so!</div=

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============2823863610838342502==--