Re: [Spridgets] 1960 Bugeye

To: Kent McLean <kentmclean@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1960 Bugeye
From: Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 18:52:17 -0400
Cc: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>

--00000000000050628505caa674ff

Kent excellent video, keep them coming and yes keep one thread. The barn is
perfect for the build.
I'm super happy for you.
Linda

62 California Sprite, Pinky

--
"Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut

--00000000000050628505caa674ff

ne thread. The barn is perfect for the build.<div>I&#39;m super happy for y=
ss=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 2:46 PM Kent McLean via Spridgets =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridgets@autox.team.net</a=
>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px=
 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;border-left-style:solid;border-left-co=
lor:rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">I used a leaf blower to blow the det=
ritus out of the car. My first task was to see if the engine is frozen or i=
f it can turn over (by hand). I took the spark plugs out (breaking one with=
 my non-rubber-cushioned socket) and poured some ATF into the cylinders and=
 sprayed some PB Blaster into the spark plug holes. Fastforward 3 days; roc=
king the car in gear shows some movement of the crankshaft pulley, so I&#39=
;m thinking the engine isn&#39;t frozen. Next step is to get a battery hook=
ed up, spritz some gas into the carbs and see if it&#39;ll fire. <br>
Spark plugs: I went on-line to see who had what. Most of them doubled in pr=
ice with shipping. But I found one locally - at Home Depot, in their lawn m=
ower parts! Champion-made Eco-Clean RN9YC. We&#39;ll see if it works.<br>
Lastly, banging one&#39;s head on the bonnet gets old quick, so I took the =
bonnet off and set it aside. I&#39;m blessed with a barn with a loft. Stori=
ng the bonnet meant getting if from the car bay and up into the loft. My Wa=
rn Pullzall winch to the rescue. It helped get the Bugeye onto the trailer.=
 It did good getting it up into the loft. Expensive, but it beats a come-al=
ong or block-and-tackle. They make a battery powered one for more money.<br=

Q. Being new to starting my own build, should I continue with this email th=
read, or start a new one with each new posting?<br>
------------------------<br>
ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"; rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a>=C2=A0 <a=
 href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank=
">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
ets/grunthaner@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/grunthaner@gmail.com</a><br>
 class=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"font-size:small"=

--===============5235424863168613791==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============5235424863168613791==--