[Spridgets] SU fuel pump curiosity?

To: Spridgets Net <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Eastern OSHIT Group <easternoshitgroup@groups.io>
Subject: [Spridgets] SU fuel pump curiosity?
From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 20:20:58 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_2431395_758802219.1637094058872

Working with an original never apart ( other than to check the points) SU f=
uel pump that seems to "tick" extremely slow.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Most of my experi=
ence has been they tick rapidly up to building pressure and then slow down =
to an every so often rate of making their tick sound.Now!=C2=A0 =C2=A0Befor=
e everyone jumps in with replace it...this is not an option .=C2=A0 =C2=A0T=
he car I am working on is a 1962 Saab 96 with less than 10,000 miles on it =
and the car is incredibly original.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Saab mounted the pump right=
 up in the engine compartment in plain sight!=C2=A0 =C2=A0It needs to stay =
there for obvious originality's sake.I am suspecting the diaphragm has hard=
ened and is slowing down the pumps ability to run at the speed I am familia=
r with.So , whatcha think?=C2=A0 =C2=A0Replace the diaphragm and move onwar=
d with bringing this car back to life?ChuckGotta keep you all thinking!Wait=
 until you see what's next on the list of odd and interesting cars here!
------=_Part_2431395_758802219.1637094058872

=3D"font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px=
;"><div>Working with an original never apart ( other than to check the poin=
ts) SU fuel pump that seems to "tick" extremely slow.&nbsp; &nbsp;Most of m=
y experience has been they tick rapidly up to building pressure and then sl=
ow down to an every so often rate of making their tick sound.</div><div>Now=
!&nbsp; &nbsp;Before everyone jumps in with replace it...this is not an opt=
ion .&nbsp; &nbsp;The car I am working on is a 1962 Saab 96 with less than =
10,000 miles on it and the car is incredibly original.&nbsp; &nbsp;Saab mou=
nted the pump right up in the engine compartment in plain sight!&nbsp; &nbs=
p;It needs to stay there for obvious originality's sake.</div><div>I am sus=
pecting the diaphragm has hardened and is slowing down the pumps ability to=
 run at the speed I am familiar with.</div><div>So , whatcha think?&nbsp; &=
nbsp;Replace the diaphragm and move onward with bringing this car back to l=
until you see what's next on the list of odd and interesting cars here!</di=
------=_Part_2431395_758802219.1637094058872--

--===============6707676117175372769==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============6707676117175372769==--