Re: [Spridgets] Rear main seal

To: David Doiron <ddoiron@cox.net> A4X427ZWuy4UhRh8xAd/1aNQyPA2ek05QINXxgjLgXuCKNYzjdeyS8eO93WikNIEYBg0dWcTcH5fMue0rvkOzjTKAEdLt9DZdvz5guMK1NGB0ptRc5A/peFo
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rear main seal
From: Rick Fisk via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 10:34:17 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi David,

The kits from MED engineering in England work.  But they are quite pricey and
require removal and machining of the rear main cap.  The kits from Gerard's
Garage work well and are also pricey.  I ran one of his kits on one of my race
engines and it worked well.  But Gerard quit making them a few years ago.  He
came out of retirement a few weeks ago and said he was going to produce another
batch, but I believe it's too late to get in on this run.  The other kit for
sale out there and sold by Moss, Spridgetmania, etc. all come from the same
supplier in England.  They slow the leak down, but don't really stop it.  I
have one of those on another engine.

I also have a well built properly ventilated engine with the nothing but the
factory eyebrow piece and it doesn't leak.  My last street Midget was a '72
with the factory PCV system functioning properly and it didn't leak.  :-)

Rick

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/mharc@autox.team.net