Land Barge Math Help Needed.

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>,
Subject: Land Barge Math Help Needed.
From: Gary Speckman <speckman@coredcs.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 17:21:10 -0600
Lets do a little math here.

WST maintains that he was going 3 mph at the time of impact, right?
Can someone tell me how long it takes a vehicle traveling 3 mph to travel
appoximately 18 feet? (The estimated "length" of damage to the side of the
Barge)

It seems to me that at that speed, it would take several seconds to go 18
feet.  Was WST sitting there, thinking, "Hmmm....the Barge's side is being
removed from the rest of the vehicle, look! even the floor is missing!" and
just keep on driving?  Several seconds is a long reaction time, and I know
that a Hot-Shot-Race-Car-Driver like WST prides himself on fast reaction times.

Sorry, but I have this image of WST driving along, scraping the guts out of
the Barge..doing the "Dum De Dum Dum" thing in his head.  I dont think so.

Now, all this would make more sense if WST would just admit he was flying
through the gas station, sideswiped this post at about 65 mph and didnt have
time to react to save the side of the Barge.

Maybe he is only covered by his Insurance at speeds under 5 mph, I dont
know, but Bill doesnt do ANYTHING at 3 mph, sorry.

Who's got a calculator?

Gar