fuel

To: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: fuel
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 07:08:55 +1100
We had an interesting briefing from our national motorsport body the
other day. They are planning to phase out avgas by 2002 and limit all
racing categories to 100 octane. They will test all placegetters and do
random samples to check for additives (these will be banned outright)

They will ensure that an approved fuel is available for all events(!).

I'm not that impressed to say the least. Visions of running at 10:1
compression ratio and giving away some performance.....

What is happening across the big pond?

BTW, next week I'm off to compete in the Lactos Rally in Tasmania again.
Put the race motor in the bugeye this time and put in a terraphone so I can
actually hear my navigator!

Mike