Flounder's failing...

To: Team Thicko Mail List <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flounder's failing...
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 18:57:21 -0500
To the Esteemed Brethren of Thickohood,

Some personal notes, and the usual crap...

Alas, if it weren't for bad luck, I might not have any luck at all.

I woke up this AM with a familiar feeling... (no, not Mr. Happy standing
at attention...)... something I dread. It feels to me like I've split my
hernia open again. Some of you long standing Thickos might remember Elmo
Mancini giving me shit for showing up at Road America 3 years ago
without the cylinder head on my car. I was recovering from hernia
surgery then, and couldn't lift the freaking thing. Anyway, it feels
like something's amiss. I can't see my doctor until later this week as
I'm in Denver on business 'til Wednesday.

So, if my self diagnosis is correct, I'll opt to go under the knife
ASAP, so hopefully I'm race ready for Mosport. By the way, my hernia is
above the navel... anyone else had one of these? Last time they didn't
use the mesh... I suspect they will this time.It's kind of like a C
section for men... they gut you like a fish.

So, what does that mean for Blackhawk? Count on me being there, but
unless I'm completely wrong about all of this, I'll be instructing,
spectating, and acting in my usual roles as the "Smartass Poster Child",
and "Chef Boyaryoudum", but not driving.

The only good news about all this hernia shit, is that while I'm down
for the count, I can find time to update the web site.

In other news, I've snacked on Elmo's ass for not sending out
confirmations for Thicko Village. He claims to have done so, but must
have done so privately, since I wasn't copied on them.

Gary "Black Bart" Speckman has made a whole bunch of pantywaist remarks
about his students recently. Gary's lesson starts every time the green
flag drops... and he hasn't learned it yet.

I'm announcing two new divisions of Team Thicko.

Someone, (perhaps a member of our Canadian or English contingent???)
suggested "Ecurie #$^*@&#^ (insert whatever the French equivalent for
Thicko is... I can't remember...). This division will be for those
racers higher up the food chain than the average Thicko, that lust in
their heart for the fun we have, but couldn't bear the stigma attached
to rubbing shoulders with the "commoners". I think we'll have some fun
with this. Of course we'll put the massive Team Thicko marketing staff
right on this, with sportswear, vinyl graphics, maybe even an ad or two
in race publications, seeking members. Of course, a hefty premium will
go along with this "elite" membership. I figure if we do it right... we
can have some of the tight asses in vintage racing subsidizing our beer
fund.

The second "new" division of Team Thicko, is affectionately known as
"Team Otis", after our hero, Otis Campbell of the Andy Griffith show.
Otis, the perennial loser, was often quoted as saying "What a mess I've
made out of my life". I know a number of you Thickos have already
"overqualified" for this little group.

We picked up about 20 new members from my last "weak duty" membership
solicitation. We need more people to make fun of.

Elmo says Thicko village will be 25+ race cars in addition to the
support vehicles, motorhomes, wives, children, significant others, dogs,
law enforcement personell, etc. It's gonna be fun. If I'm recovering
from the hernia surgery as expected, I'll place a target on my back and
you guys can tee off on me as usual.

That's all for now. Speak up out there... y'all are too quiet.

Flounder