legal types...

To: "Thickos" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: legal types...
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 12:10:28 -0600
Thanks to all that responded... and yes, I do knpw what "free" legal advice
is worth.

Here's the latest...

The situation was completely represented (duh...) by the restorer.

The guy purchased the hull, the interior (which I had reupholstered here in
IL), the hull's hardware, and the pieces of the original interior that were
used as patterns.

He took delivery of the hull, and sent the numbers off to the state of MI,
and had a title issued in his name...
so now he has possession and a title.

He says he wants the other parts to complete the boat, or I can buy the hull
from him for $3500.

Do I start with the state's attorney, or just hire representation? (Hell, I
don't even know what county South Haven and Grand rapids are in)

How do I find an attorney there? (Maybe I'll call Judy Cull and see of she
knows of anyone.) Any MI based attorneys that any of you can suggest?

WST