Re: Rain tire question

To: <Zeke5550@aol.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Rain tire question
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 09:25:28 +1100
I used some Yokohama A-032R tyres as wet weather (DOT legal) tyres.

I'd forget street radials, there are much better solutions.

They are ostensibly tarmac rally competition tyres, but are good on the
track
as well. In the dry they go off after a few laps and the wear rate is too
high, but
in the wet they were very forgiving and handled the heavy rain extremely
well.

A high performance street radial that came sort of close was the Falken
(OHTSU)
GRB-410RS, but it is a lot slower than the A-032R

Mike